Most of us use Google Maps religiously for directions. But Google wants us to use it for more than that!
Earlier this morning, Google unveiled an new look for Google Maps on Android. The new look looks reminiscent of the iOS app but has even more features within. You know Google has to take care of home (android) first and foremost.
So What’s New With The Google Maps Update?
- You now have new ways to explore/browse new places to eat, sleep, shop, and more.
- The app now informs you of traffic incidents and offers alternative routes to get to your destinations quicker.
- Zagat reviews and offers integration is now built into Maps.
- Google Latitude & check-in features will be no more as of August 9th.
- They got rid of offline maps but offered a workaround – you can type OK Maps in the search box of the map you need to access offline.