Are you ready for a jet-setting summer? Avoid the jet-lag of travel with these travel tips for saving time and money!
1. Don’t Check A Bag. If you can, only bring a carry-on. You’ll save time waiting in line to check a bag or waiting for it upon arrival, and money as most airlines charge for checked luggage.
2. Consider the location and extras when booking your hotel. Are breakfast and WiFi included? Is it near where you want to be? The hotel downtown may be a little more expensive but staying there could help you save time and money on a car rental and parking fees as well as a long drive into town.
3. Do you really need a car? Many cities have great public transportation or taxi systems, so renting a car can cost more time, money and frustration (ie, traffic jams and parking meters.) Don’t forget to facting in the cost of gas and parking at your hotel, or check to see if your hotel offers an airport shuttle.
4. Pack a change of clothes in your carry-on. If you have to check in luggage, be prepared just in case your luggage arrives after you do. Having a change of clothes can save you from hunting down an outfit at the last minute at tourist prices. Having space clothes can also be a lifesaver in event of spilled food or drinks by you or your fellow travelers.
5. Lighten your load with the post office. Going on an extended trip? Consider sending home items you no longer need or gifts you’ve bought in the mail. Not only will you lighten your load for your other destinations, shipping things back may be cheaper than what the airlines would charge for extra baggage. For travel within the US, flat rate boxes offered by USPS are a great option.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY… TRIPIT.COM