By now, you’re aware of how much I truly enjoy using my Apple iPad but the lack flash viewing has made me long for more….In a time where tablets are king, brands are vying to manufacture the next best tablet for consumers to clammer over. Often called the “iPad killer” – the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has grabbed my attention and I’ve matched it up against my favorite iPad 2 to see who comes out on top…
To my surprise, while attending BlogHer 2011 in San Diego earlier this month, I was awarded a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 during a Verizon/BlogHer brunch – which provided the perfect opportunity to compare it to my beloved iPad 2 and see who out-matches who.
Upon, unboxing the Galaxy Tab 10.1 the first thing I noticed was it’s slim, light and widened design. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 gets its light weight from the all plastic construction, if you’re not a fan of the iPad’s metal casing then this may entice you. The Tab’s light weight along with the super thin body make this tablet really comfortable to work with.
- OS: Android Honeycomb 3.1
- Processor: Nvidia Tegra 2, 1GHz dual-core
- Memory: 1GB RAM; 16GB storage
- Display: 10.1-inch, 1280×800; 149 pixels per inch
- Video: 1080p playback (30 fps); Codecs supported: WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, H.264, MPEG4, Xvid, DivX, H.263, VP8
- Cameras: front- 2MP; rear- 3MP, auto-focus, flash, 720p video recording
- Ports: proprietary dock port (charging), 3.5mm audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 7000mAH
- Dimensions: 256.7 x 175.3 x 8.6mm (10.1 x 6.9 x 0.39 inches)
- Weight: 565g (1.24 lbs.)